Case Study: Electrification Services
25KV AC Isolation and possession planning
TRAC Rail has the capability to undertake 25kV AC isolations on Network Rail infrastructure. All works are undertaken in accordance with NR/L3/ELP/29987 – ‘Working on or about 25kV AC electrified lines’.
TRAC also has the capability to fully plan any OLE isolation requirements, liaising with Network Rail and a Client’s own project team. A unique benefit to clients is reduced costs through utilising TRAC personnel to undertake additional duties – such as POS, ES, COSS, MC – once isolations are affected, where practical to the client.
OLE Construction and Maintenance
The company has a skilled and efficient workforce who are OLEC trained and competent to carry out all types of work on both new and existing OLE systems. All of TRAC’s overhead line staff are competent in the assembly and installation of various types of configurations of overhead line systems. It also has staff available to fully undertake all HV installations associated with 25kV AC systems used on Network Rail infrastructure. Services offered include:
- Maintenance of all OLE Types of Equipment – TRAC staff are able to fully interpret defect trackers and work orders, as well as fully complying with all Network Rail instructions, standards and procedures.
- Construction of all OLE – through its approach and use of internal plant, TRAC can fully undertake OL
|Overview||TRAC Rail is able to undertake electrification services in all areas of Network Rail infrastructure and other light rail systems. The company has the necessary RISQ codes and other relevant accreditations required such as a Network Rail POS Licence Holder, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.|
Theft of OLE materials and conductors is a huge problem faced by clients. TRAC is able to install and monitor several covert systems and fully liaise with the British Transport Police metal theft unit to ensure the security of a project.
TRAC is able to install all bonding to the required standards with staff fully able to interpret bonding diagrams. This also includes the installation of return screening conductors and associated connections.
- Height and staggers – staff are able to undertake OLE height and staggers and associated
- Geometry and, through TRAC’s engineering expertise, can advise on non-compliances.
- Install all 25kV high voltage cables and associated equipment such as sealing ends. Through its partners, TRAC can also fully test and commission these to the required Network Rail Standards.
- Installation of track section cabins and feeder stations.
- Fully-certified OLEC and support staff for all OLE works.
OLE Engineering and Project Management
TRAC Rail has the capability to offer and support clients in OLE engineering and project management services in full compliance with Network Rail and light rail system standards and under CDM regulations. The company can fully advise on project, feasibility and constructability scopes. It is able to fully manage the design process through to being approved for construction and, indeed, prepare as built documentation. Through design partners, it can undertake design requirements to fully meet all client aspirations.
Further engineering services on offer are:
- Undertake the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer under CDM regulations.
- Under take testing and commissioning including the full preparation of all associated documentation.
- Preparation of feasibility and constructability reports in conjunction with Network Rail’s GRIP processes.
- Undertake dilapidation and condition surveys on all types of overhead line equipment installed throughout Network Rail Infrastructure and light rail systems.
- Personnel available who can fully manage all aspects of OLE projects on a client’s behalf and represent the client at all project phases.