The Workshop Foreman is responsible for co-ordinating and carrying out the routine maintenance and repair works on rail plant and attachments within the TRAC Engineering’s Rail team, ensuring compliance with the relevant standards at all times.
KEY FUNCTIONS – Rail Fitter
- Co-ordinate the repair and maintenance of all rail plant and attachments within the Abington depot.
- Direct the Rail Fitters to carry out planned and reactive maintenance to all plant, attachments and accessories as identified by Workshop Manager
- Travel to site to carry out onsite repairs, as required.
- Report any issues with plant and attachments to the Workshop Manager in a timely manner to ensure no impact on project delivery.
- Complete necessary paperwork for completed work ensuring timely close out of machine logs.
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times whilst working and adopt a clean as you go policy, including ensuring bunds for hazardous materials/oils are clear.
- Ensure appropriate PPE is worn throughout the period of duty depending on activity and work environment (some duties on or near the track may be required).
- Perform all duties in an efficient and effective manner that will ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure all tasks allocated are completed on schedule.
- Ensure all waste is disposed of into the correct container and ensure that waste transfer notes (or similar) from the Abington depot are passed to the Business Support Team.
- Contribute to the good housekeeping of the workshop area; maintaining tools, clearing at the end of the day, segregating waste, clearing bunds.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Workshop Manager.
KEY FUNCTIONS – Management System
- Ensure so far as reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of team members.
- Support/ensure team supports the management system by:
- Following processes and using tools as set out in relevant documentation (procedures, work instructions etc) and reviewing these processes regularly to ensure they remain suitable for the business;
- Ensuring Objectives/KPIs for processes in area of responsibility are developed, implemented and achieved;
- Always using documentation that is current and approved; remove any obsolete documents from files;
- Reporting issues as they arise to Line Manager or HSEQ System Representative;
- Assisting with investigations of issues as needed;
- Raising ideas for improvement with line manager and/or HSEQ Systems Representative (or a member of TRAC International Business Support Team).
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with all appropriate Network Rail and Group Standards and other compliance obligations.
- Ensure that issues arising from corrective actions/incidents occurring in area of responsibility are addressed.
- Ensure all purchases are controlled and made in accordance with the purchasing system, utilising approved vendors where appropriate.
- Time Served Mechanic
- Drivers Licence
2 years+ experience of a workshop environment, preferably in a rail environment.
Rail Fitters/Workshop Manager
LOCATION – This job is based at TRAC Engineering, Abington Office, Clydeside Farm, Lamington, Biggar, ML12 6HS
ADDITIONAL DETAILS – hours of work – 8.30am to 5.00pm – Monday to Friday (overtime may be required). Due to the rural location and the requirement to drive on company business, applicants will be required to hold a full driving license.
APPLICATION – CV’s and covering letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO the HR Department.