The Stores Person is responsible for managing equipment owned by TRAC Rail, assisting with hired equipment where required, ensuring all associated systems, tools and files are maintained on a daily basis. The Stores Person is also responsible for issuing all small parts required for the maintenance and repair of TRAC Rail Plant within the workshop.
KEY FUNCTIONS – Specific to this role
- Manifest equipment for mobilisation to site, including completion of any relevant function checks and relevant paperwork, advising the relevant Manager of any shortage of materials in advance of the equipment mobilising.
- Demobilising equipment returned from site, highlighting any issues to the relevant manager for further action.
- Co-ordinator and monitor all goods in/out, ensuring all paperwork is maintained i.e. delivery notes.
- Carry out any routine stock checks and advise the relevant manager of any shortages.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure adequate delivery of stock.
- Issue PPE to field personnel when presented with a signed PPE Issue form, passing completed forms to the Receptionist for scanning into relevant personnel files.
- Maintenance and storage of PPE and rope access equipment.
- Inspect all PPE and rope access equipment prior to mobilisation, ensuring it is certified prior to issue.
- Inspect and certify all lifting equipment such as loose lifting tackle, slings, chains, shackles etc prior to mobilisation.
- Ensure all electrical equipment has current PAT label prior to manifesting and mobilisation.
- Ensuring any spills within stores are dealt with quickly using the appropriate spill kit.
- Ensure good housekeeping, maintenance and security of the stores and yard areas.
- Ad-hoc driving as part of duties as required.
- Maintain a stock of appropriate small parts required for repair and maintenance of TRAC Plant.
- Issue small parts as required by the workshop team.
- Retain records of small parts issued as part of repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure waste is disposed of in the correct container and that waste transfer notes (or similar) are passed to the Workshop Manager.
- Ensure all hazardous materials/oils are stored in bunded containers and that the bund itself is maintained
- Contribute to the good housekeeping of the workshop area: maintaining tools, clearing at the end of the day, segregating waste, clearing bunds.
KEY FUNCTIONS – Management System
- Look after the health, safety and welfare of individual and fellow team members.
- Understand tasks, responsibilities, authorities and the documentation that apply to the role.
- Support the management system
- Following processes and using tools as set out in relevant documentation (procedures, work instructions etc)
- Helping achieve objectives/KPIs for processes in area of responsibility;
- Always using documentation that is current and approved; remove any obsolete documents from files;
- Reporting issues as they arise to Line Manager or HSEQ System Representative;
- Assisting with investigations of issues as needed.
- Raising ideas for improvement with line manager and/or HSEQ Systems Representative (or a member of TRAC International Business Support Team).
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with all appropriate Network Rail and Group Standards and other compliance obligations.
- Ensure all purchases are controlled and made in accordance with the purchasing system, utilising approved vendors where appropriate.
Basic numeracy and literacy.
The following qualifications are desirable:
- Inspection of Lifting equipment/PPE.
- Manual Handling.
- Rope Access Awareness.
- Other competences depending on particular remit in stores eg Forklift Driving, Tools maintenance, PA Testing etc.
Basic PC skills required.
Previous stores experience desirable.
LOCATION – This job is based at TRAC Engineering, Abington Office, Clydeside Farm, Lamington, Biggar, ML12 6HS
ADDITIONAL DETAILS – hours of work – 8.30am to 5.00pm – Monday to Friday (overtime may be required). Due to the rural location and the requirement to drive on company business, applicants will be required to hold a full driving license.
APPLICATION – CV’s and covering letters should be emailed to email@example.com FAO the HR Department