The Business Support/Receptionist primary role is to give a positive and welcoming first impression to visitors and callers by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately. They shall carry out all duties and responsibilities proactively and efficiently to assist in the successful delivery of projects.
KEY FUNCTIONS – RECEPTION
- Greet and coordinate all visitors, ensuring correct sign in process is followed
- Maintain security by following procedures, issuing visitor badges and ensuring a TRAC employee is nominated to be responsible for each visitor.
- Ensure all contractors undertaking work within premises sign the Visiting Contractors Form and save this in appropriate file.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls in a positive, professional and friendly manner.
- Receive and distribute all incoming mail.
- Process outgoing mail.
- Coordinate parcel deliveries.
- Ensure the reception area is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure TRAC promotional materials are on display and tidy.
KEY FUNCTIONS – BUSINESS SUPPORT
- Source and book accommodation.
- Create job files and file related documents.
- Assist with files and file related documents
- Scan copies of paper documents.
- Scan and attach PPE Forms to Personnel Files
- Log the distribution of PPE to PPE Chart
- Scan Delivery Notes and attach to Purchase Orders
- Petty Cash
- Maintain Stationery Supplies
- Place online orders
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the Office Manager.
KEY FUNCTIONS – Management System
- Look after the health, safety and welfare of individual and fellow team members.
- Understand tasks, responsibilities, authorities and the documentation that apply to the role.
the management system by:
- Following processes and using tools as set out in relevant documentation (procedures, work instructions etc)
- Helping achieve objectives/KPIs for processes in area of responsibility;
- Always using documentation that is current and approved; remove any obsolete documents from files;
- Reporting issues as they arise to Line Manager or HSEQ System Representative;
- Assisting with investigations of issues as needed.
- Raising ideas for improvement with line manager and/or HSEQ Systems Representative (or a member of TRAC International Business Support Team).
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with all appropriate Network Rail and Group Standards and other compliance obligations.
- Ensure all purchases are controlled and made in accordance with the purchasing system, utilising approved vendors where appropriate.
- Basic Numeracy/ Literacy e.g. Maths/English at Standard Grade or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- No specific experience necessary but previous reception experience desirable.
LOCATION – This job is based at TRAC Engineering, Abington Office, Clydeside Farm, Lamington, Biggar, ML12 6HS
ADDITIONAL DETAILS – hours of work – 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday, the post would also suit someone that can drive due to the rural location.
APPLICATION – CV’s and covering letters should be emailed to email@example.com FAO the HR Department.